Start a Drone Real Estate Business
Your roadmap to making your first sales and getting paid to drone.
There's no better time to start a drone business than right now.
The game has changed and anyone (yes even you!) can create their own side hustle and get paid to drone.
But chances are, you already know this.
You've spent months (maybe even years) flying drones as a hobbyist while watching others become certified pilots start successful businesses.
And you've started to hear a voice inside saying:
Maybe I can do that too.
But every time you even think about starting a drone business or continuing to work on your existing one, you end up overwhelmed and stuck.
To make matters worse, no matter how many tutorials you watch or blog posts you read, it never seems to make a difference.
You’re still flying your drone as a hobbyist, trying to piece together all the conflicting information.
Yet you don’t feel any closer to knowing where to start or how to improve without feeling overwhelmed.
You can’t seem to sit down and take action, and wonder if you should just call it quotes on this dream.
Hi there, my name is Dustin Gaessner.
I’m the creator of Drone Real Estate 101 and I've managed hundreds of drone mapping projects across the United States, I’ve started several successful drone businesses, and have helped teach tens of thousands of drone pilots along the way.
When I started droning in early 2016, I had no clue what I was doing.
The drone service industry was barely in its infant stage and had struggled to make significant progress.
But that all changed in August 2016 when the FAA released the path towards commercial drone operations with the Part 107 certification.
Almost overnight, the entire industry opened up.
Drone technology was just taking off, and I was navigating this new world.
I visited numerous conferences and began learning about the opportunities to use drones in many industries: real estate, construction, inspections, agriculture.
But there was no roadmap or clear plan on how I was going to do that.
At the time, I set what felt like an impossible goal: make a living droning.
I’d spend hours and hours at the drawing board, only to go back to square one.
Occasionally, I’d be rewarded with progress from a burst of motivation and progress, but it usually was followed by a long period of stagnated growth.
My ‘strategy’ at the time was to throw a bunch of stuff at the wall, just trying to find the tiny sweet spot between what I enjoyed and what other people would pay for.
I experimented with selling aerial prints, interviewing companies, and researching what others were doing in multiple industries around me.
In between this stop and go progress, I compared myself to other drone pilots and I’d think to myself: I’m never going to make this work.
But as I continued to persist with the journey, experimented with new ideas, and focused on providing drone services, I began to see progress.
In 2017, I began getting my first paid drone jobs and earning my first $1,000 within the span of several months - a milestone that finally gave me the confidence to go “all-in” on droning.
Over the course of the next 2 years, I built a successful drone service business in the construction mapping, roofing inspection, as well as real estate industries.
I leveraged all that learning into an amazing job the past 4 years managing drone mapping projects across the country and most importantly - creating a life where I get to follow my passions daily.
By now you’re probably wondering what I did to get to this point (don’t worry, we’ll get to that)
But first, here’s what I didn’t do:
I didn’t quit after not having any success early on.
Instead, a truly successful business is one that goes beyond those initial failures and lessons, and strives for something bigger.
Make no mistake, the path to achieving this can be elusive, frustrating, and outright maddening…
At least if you go at it alone.
But, if you’ve ever wished for a guide to show you the way - look no further.
For the first time, I’ve revealed everything I’ve learned about how to start a successful drone real estate business.
Drone Real Estate 101
Your roadmap to creating a successful drone business.
- Get your first paid clients
- Understand how to price your services
- Learn how to edit your photos and videos for clients
- Deliver amazing aerial services to real estate agents
Drone Real Estate 101 is designed to help you lay down the foundation you need to create your drone business that’s unique and distinct to you.
You won’t find any gimmicks that don’t actually teach you how to get started.
Instead, you’ll get an inside look into how I started my drone real estate business, my decision-making process, and everything I wish I’d known as a brand new pilot.
By the end you’ll be able to:
Finally start your drone business
Let’s tick this off your list of goals once and for all! You’ll know exactly where to start, how to name your business, and how to breeze through the entire set-up process without the overwhelm.
How to find clients
Without clients, there is no paid drone work. You’ll have a process to find, reach out, and close your first few clients in the real estate industry (even if you don’t know anyone). Then how to repeat the process to scale your services.
Deliver an amazing service
Don’t let your (lack of) knowledge of the real estate industry hold you back. You’ll learn the basics of how aerial photos are used in listings, the essential drone techniques you need in your toolkit, and a solid workflow to take raw images and videos all the way to crisp deliverables.
Build your brand
A brand is bigger than just you, and includes a cohesive presence that provides legitimacy in the real world. You’ll know how to design your logo, the elements and tools of a great website, and how to get branded apparel to look the part.
Inside Drone Real Estate 101
Inside you'll find upwards of 4+ hours of strategy and "over-the-shoulder" tutorials. And to maximize what you learn, I've included action items for every lesson.
Module 1: Build your foundation
- How to create your vision of success and enact that plan
- The 3 keys to success that’ll help you win at the long game
- The essential gear & tools you need (and don’t need) to start your journey
- The mindset shifts you will need to make to overcome self-doubt and avoid burnout
- How to build an accountability system of people who will lift you up and keep you focused
- My tips & tricks to take action and make progress daily, even if you have a full-time job
Module 2: Get your first clients
- Understand the real estate industry and why your clients will hire you
- The behind-the-scenes look of how I got my first 3 paid drone real estate jobs
- A 30 day sales plan to get your first paid client
- The exact phone and email scripts I use to reach out to clients - these are yours to tweak and personalize!
- How to leverage your network and develop partnerships to create a pipeline of new jobs
- Create a flywheel of referrals that keeps you busy droning
- Download my CRM template to organize and keep track of all your prospective clients
Module 3: Pricing and getting paid
- Learn how to price your services to build momentum early-on
- Close new jobs without proposals
- Productize your services to simplify your pricing
- The exact invoice template and software I use that gets you paid faster and easier
- How to accept all payment methods - checks and debit/cards
Module 4: Successful drone operations
- The 6 types of aerial photos and maneuvers that will help your clients showcase their listings
- Learn the perfect camera settings on your drone for capturing real estate
- How to select the drone insurance plan that’s right for you
- My successful field operations checklist, to ensure smooth and safe drone flights
- Mission planning and how to pre-scout all your properties before you even get on site
- How to always have the correct airspace authorizations from the FAA to ensure legal operations
- How to unlock your DJI drone so you can capture aerial photos no matter the location
Module 5: Learn to edit photos and videos
- The simple production workflow I use to edit & deliver photos and videos on a consistent basis – never waste time stressing about where to start
- Learn the process to edit your photos and videos twice as fast
- A walkthrough of how to add feature highlights of the property to your photos
- The 4 strategies for effective data management to keep your photos organized
- My personal swipe file with examples of drone photos used in property listings around the country
Module 6: Setting up your business
- A step-by-step walkthrough of how to set-up your website without the overwhelm (and how to keep it secure)
- The 6 sections of a website that will attract clients and establish you as an authority
- My tips & tricks to setup a professional email address - including an email signature that will make you legit
- How to design a business logo, including where find find designers and other automated tools
- The 4 types of branded apparel that’ll help you look the part and where to have it made
- The basics of registering your business. Plus the resources to get setup in your state.
Meet your course instructor
What makes this different from the other courses out there?
Other drone courses
- No focus on sales and how to get new clients
- Are painfully basic and only talk about theory
- No practical examples
Drone Real Estate 101
- Detailed daily action plan to source new leads, call and email templates for outreach, and a compelling offer to
- Guides you through the practical steps of creating effective aerial images that help real estate agents and their listings
- Step-by-step walkthroughs of actual clients and the aerial photos captured and edited for their successful listings
Should you join? Here's what I think…
Not everyone is right for Drone Real Estate 101. And while I offer a full guarantee, I want to make sure I don't waste your time.
You’ll love this course if:
- You’re Part 107 certified and have a drone, but you’re struggling to get new clients
- You want to maximize the use of your drone
- You’re overwhelmed and don’t know where to start
- You want to learn "over-the-shoulder" from someone who's been successful with business and drones for over half a decade
- You want to learn and adopt a framework that's tested, and are willing to largely follow that framework
- You like specifics. And you don't have much patience for "fluff"!
This course isn’t for you if:
- You don’t have your Part 107 certification or don’t have a drone
- You’re not willing to do the hard work
- You're hoping that buying a course like this will suddenly fix all your business problems
- You’ve already mastered the basics of drone business, know how to edit and deliver your services, and regularly get new clients
- You don’t have a passion to monetize your drone hobby
Still on the fence?
I get it…a course about drones is nothing new.
Chances are, you’ve been let down by paid courses covering the same basic instructions you’ve heard in every video.
And investing in yourself is scary. Especially when there’s probably a part of you wondering:
“How do I know if this is going to work for me?”
So let’s talk about what “work” means to you for a second.
Because, if by “work” you mean reaching $1,000/month in client work - then no, definitely not. (Well…unless you already are earning $999/month. Then, maybe).
But if it means you’ll have:
- Started and named your business (if you haven’t already)
- A framework to consistently source new leads, and how to showcase your services
- Discovered what is required to perform safe, repeatable, and legal drone operations
- A support network whose there to support you through the highs & lows
- A workflow to consistently transform aerial photos into high-quality deliverables that real estate agents use on their listings
- Laid down the foundation that’s going to help you earn a side income droning
Then, yes. It’ll work.
Because creating a successful drone business isn’t about how “special” or “lucky” you are - it’s about having the courage to start the journey, committing to the slow burn of real, sustainable growth, and taking one small (already laid out) step at a time.
I can’t guarantee that you’ll immediately make sales and earn a full-time income overnight after going through Drone Real Estate 101.
But I do guarantee that if you do the work, follow the steps, and commit to moving forward, you’ll have all the tools you need and you’ll feel more confident about what you have to offer.
And if you don’t, let me introduce you to…
The 30 Day Action Guarantee
If, within 30 days, you’ve gone through all the course content, consistently taken action, haven’t had any success, and you want a refund…
I’ll give you all your money back.
Just email my team at: email@example.com and we’ll get it sorted out for you. No hard feelings, I promise.
One last thing…
If you’re down here, you’re probably thinking about going back and piecing together all the glorious free content on YouTube and the internet.
My 100% honest take? There’s nothing wrong with the DIY route. Many successful drone pilots – myself included – have created successful careers through good old trial & error.
But I’m guessing that if you’re here, this approach has only gotten you so far. And it’s likely taking you hours to sift through hundreds of videos just to find one useful piece of advice that’s relevant to you.
That’s why I created Drone Real Estate 101. It’s filled with the steps I took to get my first paid drone jobs and start earning an income from my passion. And it’s everything I wish I’d known as a drone pilot, all in one handy place.
And if you trust the process, and follow the steps, you’ll spend less time watching endless tutorials and more time intentionally moving towards –
- Monetizing your hobby with intention and in a way that feels good
- Delivering services that make clients happy and help sell real estate listings
- Feeling comfortable and confident in your skills and services
- Making the leap from a hobbyist to a professional drone pilot working for yourself
And most importantly?
Making a side income and showing yourself what you’re capable of.
This all starts by pressing one of the shiny buttons below…
So, what do you say?
“Who, specifically, is this course for?”
Drone Real Estate 101 is for drone pilots and entrepreneurs who want a step-by-step process to starting a new drone business and get their first sale. If you have a passion for drones and have been wanting to launch a side hustle to get paid, this course is for you.
The course is also self-study, with all lessons available immediately.
“Who should NOT buy this course?”
If you already have a drone business and gotten your first few paid clients this course is probably not for you.
This course is focused on building a new drone business from soup to nuts. It's a behind-the-scenes look at my personal toolkit for acquiring clients, performing drone services, editing photos & videos, and building a website. This course is not some "hack" or "trick" course. It's focused on systems to help pilots with predictability and efficiency.
“What problems will Drone Real Estate 101 help me overcome?”
No more thinking of what’s next. No more trying to research how to get paid clients. No more wondering how to price your services. No more worrying about how to increase your drone skills to deliver great services. This course will help you with a laid out plan that past students have had incredible success with.
“What's the "end goal" of what you teach in this course?”
Two things: to help you build momentum on creating a successful side hustle in a hobby you’re already passionate about, and to help you get your first sale for a drone job in the real estate industry.
“Why should I pay for this when there is content on YouTube for free?”
Excellent question! YouTube and Google have thousands of free resources to help you start a drone business, so if you’re strapped for cash, it’s a great place to start!
With Drone Real Estate 101, you don’t have to sort through all the information on your own. It’s all the steps you need to start & grow, in the right order. So instead of spending your precious time consuming endless free videos, you can focus your attention on implementing the skills you’ll learn to your drone business. I’m also showing you a behind-the-scenes look at my decision making process when acquiring clients, capturing photos, my workflows, and how I operate my side business (all info you definitely can’t find for free).
“Do I really need this to start a drone real estate business?”
Real talk? No, you don’t need this. Plenty of pilots have successfully grown their businesses through trial & error – including me!
But if you’re looking to save time by learning from my mistakes, skip the overwhelm, and avoid being distracted by the shiny objects you’re bound to come across – then this is for you.
“Will this help me if I’ve already started my drone business journey?”
I spend a lesson walking through what to name your business and how to set it up (website, logo, email). But if you’ve done this step (high-five), you can go ahead and skip this one. This course will still help you if you want to learn how to find and contact leads, develop your own editing style, refine your drone workflow, understand insurance, and learn how to craft compelling aerial photos and videos for real estate listings.
But it probably isn’t for you if you’ve mastered the basics of business, understand the real estate industry and how drone services compliment listings, and have successfully gotten your first $1,000 in paid drone real estate jobs.
“How long is the course and what format is it in?”
Drone Real Estate 101 is broken into 6 modules with 29 total video lessons which is about 4 hours of content. Each lesson has exercises and actionable content to complete as you progress through the course.
Truthfully, most customers only really need to go through a portion of the course to be successful. Depending on your goals and your current skill level, some of what I teach won't really be necessary.
That being said, for most students, it's going to take about 6-8 hours to consume and review the material they need to start. Then budget time to take action at the end of each lesson.
“How can I access the course?”
Drone Real Estate 101 is hosted on Gumroad, a platform that allows for 24/7 access to the course content on a computer and via apps for iOS or Android tablets and smartphones.
“This sounds cool! But I don’t have time to commit to a course right now.”
No worries! I know life can get pretty chaotic, which is why I created this to be a go-at-your-own pace course. You can binge watch all the lessons on the first day, do 1 module a month, or take 3 months if you need! You’ll also have lifetime access to this course, so you can revisit it when you are ready to tackle the course in your own time.
“How do I know this is actually going to work for me?”
If you find you’re not feeling more confident about how to progress with your drone business or satisfied with the course after taking action, that’s where the 30 Day Action Guarantee comes in. Email my team here: dustin ‘at’ dronetribe.io and we’ll give you your money back.
“Will this course teach me how to be a pro drone pilot?”
This course covers the basics of drone real estate business: like how to find and reach out to clients, price your services, and how to deliver aerial photos that clients will love. Advanced drone business is such a big lesson, it deserves its very own course. (But shh…let’s keep that between us ;)
“What gear & tools do I need to make use of this course?”
The best drone is the one you have. You don’t need to blow money on fancy gadgets and gear to make the most out of this course. All you need is a drone (even a DJI mini), a computer for editing, and the courage to try new things.
“What is the perfect drone for real estate photography?”
Drone Real Estate 101 is designed for pilots with any drone that has a flight time greater than 10 minutes and a 12 megapixel sensor. The perfect drone is the one you already have.
“What if I’m not a Part 107 certified pilot?”
To earn any compensation with your drone, you will need to become Part 107 certified. There are great online resources which I highlight within this course and provide details on how to get certified. In total, it will cost around $175 to take the test and you should expect to study for about 2 weeks prior to taking it.
“I’m new to the idea of getting paid to drone.”
Welcome! This course will help you avoid many of the mistakes that myself and my customers wish we could have avoided early on. This includes spending too much time setting up the business details and not enough time reaching out to get new clients!
“I’m just about sold! What’s your refund policy?”
If this course doesn't blow you away after taking action, write in within the first 30 days and I'll give you a full refund.
“What if I still have questions?”
Awesome! Send them over to my team at dustin ‘at’ dronetribe.io and we’ll get back to you ASAP.
With this purchase, you'll receive the Drone Real Estate 101 course which includes 4+ hours of video lessons, templates, and tools. You'll also receive 4 weekly live group Q&A calls to get extra help in launching your business!